It’s almost summer, and for many of us that means BBQs, parties and pools! The weather is heating up and there’s no better way to cool off than in a pool. While temperatures in San Diego stay pretty constant throughout the year, there’s arguably no better time to install that dream outdoor pool than in the Spring time, right before Summer starts.
Here are a few things to consider if you’re looking to add a new pool to your backyard (or front yard):
- Make sure you have enough space (around): seems self explanatory, but you need to give yourself an extra 20 feet around the entire perimeter of the pool. You’ll want to account for accessories like slides, a diving board, and sheds, as well as a walk way.
- Make sure you have enough space (above & below): Watch out for overhead telephone lines or electrical wires, as well as underneath septic systems, sewer lines or electrical cables.
- Keep the wind out: Choose a space where there is not much wind, as wind will lead to more water evaporation.
- Find a sunny area: Stay away from trees as they’ll lead to more leaves getting in the pool. This will also keep the pool temperature up.
- Pick the right general contractor: The right general contractor will help you confirm the zoning regulations, obtain permits, pick the right pool and install the right circulation system.
- If you’re considering installing an outdoor pool to compliment your San Diego home, consider an experienced general contractor like Greyhound General. Contact Greyhound General today at 800-568-7108.