While the economy has shown some life in the first quarter of 2010, there is still a ton of room for recovery. Even the housing market, which in some areas of the country have improved, is still projected to bottom out over the next few years. While many speculate on when the economy will recover, one thing’s for sure, there are deals to be had if you’re looking to remodel your home.
In this economy, you can expect to find that most bids will be at least 10 percent lower than they were two years ago. It’s important to always get multiple bids when shopping for the right general contractor. If these are established companies, the bids should all fall between 5-10% of each other. Be wary of unproven or contractors who don’t have the following:
- proof of contractor’s license
- proof or insurance and workman’s compensation
- a clean record with the Better Business Bureau
- a clean history with sites like ripoffreport.com
- testimonials with previous client’s phone numbers
- photos, videos and addresses of previous work
2010 is a great time to remodel your home in San Diego. Contact Greyhound General today for a free estimate, or call 800-568-7108.