Wouldn’t it be easy if you could just find a totally objective list of best San Diego general contractors? Sure there are websites out there that claim to rate companies in various industries in an unbiased way, but most of the time these sites have an agenda. Even totally unbiased sites with reviews and rankings can be somewhat flawed. After all, it’s not like you’re rating restaurants, where you can literally eat at every restaurant and compare food, or rating NFL quarterbacks, where you can compare individual stats and teams stats.
As a consumer you have to do your due diligence to find the best general contractor. They don’t carry around MVP trophies or gold medals around their necks, but the best general contractor might be easier to find than you think. You’ll want to look at their:
- BBB Rating: look for a company with zero complaints
- Photos of previous work: You should be able to find this on the contractors’ website
- Yelp, Citysearch and Google ratings: Make sure you examine all of these to see if there are any discrepancies. A 5 star Yelp rating is ideal!
- Youtube channel: Photos are great, but a well-produced video will really give you an idea of the quality of their work
- Speak to & visit former clients: Just like videos trump photos, an in-person walk-around of a remodel job and a discussion with former client both trump videos
- Facebook Page: Not quite as valuable as the examples mentioned above, but it’s always nice to see what other people are saying about the company you’re interested in